Pages

Okay I give up starting today!


I’m not going to lie. I’m a pasty chick. Always have been and finally accepting I always will be. I recently got a spray tan for my brother’s 18th birthday. Yes shamefully a ‘spray’ tan. Anyway so I asked for a ‘natural all over glow’ like I think everyone goes in asking for and just like everyone I walked out completely ORANGE.

Moral of the story ladies and gentlemen, do not bother with fake tanning! Wether it is streaks, or un-even blending, the smell or simply the oompa loompa curse - it’s just really not worth it hey?

So I went to my little bro’s birthday all orang-utan like and feeling uncomfortably close to resembling Malibu Barbie. I should have known as soon as I walked into the tanning salon. They were butch, gym junkie, singlet wearing men and Ed Hardy wearing, belly button pierced women, who were all an un-natural dark blend of coffee and Jaffa’s.

So here is my inspiration that is slapped on the background of my computer (from now until eternity)…

Isn’t she just gorgeous? All hail Miss Hermione Granger, I mean Emma Watson. Finally I think celebrities - who are the reason for our obsessive magazine flipping at supermarket counters - are embracing their pastiness.

In fact let’s not even call it ‘pasty’ anymore. I’m ditching my fake tan cans right of this moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment